The quality and benefits of the bath procedure are directly dependent on the kindling method. The most effective and healing is a Russian wood-fired sauna. This method is very popular, has several advantages, contributes to the creation of the desired atmosphere. In general, you can melt a steam room using one of three methods:
- Using gas – the advantage is the automation of the process, the ability to control air temperature. But do not forget that gas stoves are explosive and are a more difficult option for a bathhouse located somewhere in nature, far from civilization.
- Using electricity – like a gas stove, an electric one does not cause difficulties with controlling the process of preparing a steam room; heats up pretty quickly. The disadvantage is the high price, dependence on the power supply system.
- Using firewood – provides owners with autonomy, an environmentally friendly and economical way. The only drawback that for lovers may turn out to be a virtue is the need to manually control the process of kindling the bathhouse.
Let us consider in more detail the features of the wood-fired bath:
- The use of natural materials makes the sauna more useful for our body.
- The situation in such a steam room, as a rule, is cozy and contributes to the relaxation of the nervous system.
- The cost of materials is much less than when using other heating methods. A black sauna is an excellent option that helps to save on raw materials.
- You do not need permission to install a wood burning stove.
- You can use a brick or steel stove. The first one heats up longer, but also retains heat for a long time, the second one heats up faster, but, accordingly, gives off heat faster.
- Another huge advantage is accessibility, regardless of location, autonomy.
Depending on your goals and needs, you can choose the desired type of wood. Each has special properties and has a positive effect on health. For a wood-fired sauna, it’s perfect:
- Birch – has disinfecting properties that it retains no longer than two years.
- Oak – burns for a long time, fills the room with a pleasant aroma.
- Linden – like birch is best used for two years; has a beneficial effect on the respiratory tract, is useful for colds.
- Fruit wood -– almost no smoke during burning, but melts for a long time.
- Conifers – rarely used due to the release of a large number of resins. Like linden, they have a positive effect on the respiratory system.
- Aspen and alder - when burning, they secrete substances that help clean the chimney of soot.
The benefits of a wood-fired bath are obvious. Staying in such a steam room strengthens the immune system, positively affects the cardiovascular, respiratory and nervous systems. This is a true Russian method of kindling, which, unlike modern ones, provides soft steam (does not dry the air) and a pleasant aroma.